MIT News – Electrical engineering and computer science (EECS) | Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (eecs) MIT news feed about: Electrical engineering and computer science (EECS) | Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (eecs)
- Coding for health equityby Laura Rosado | MIT News correspondent on 24.3.2023 at 04:00
Senior Mercy Oladipo is building tools to address disparities in health care.
- A design tool to democratize the art of color-changing mosaicsby Rachel Gordon | MIT CSAIL on 23.3.2023 at 19:00
Computational tool from MIT CSAIL enables color-changing cellulose-based designs for data visualization, education, fashion, and more.
- Tackling counterfeit seeds with “unclonable” labelsby David L. Chandler | MIT News Office on 22.3.2023 at 18:00
Fake seeds can cost farmers more than two-thirds of expected crop yields and threaten food security. Trackable silk labels could help.
- QS World University Rankings rates MIT No. 1 in 11 subjects for 2023by MIT News Office on 22.3.2023 at 10:00
The Institute also ranks second in five subject areas.
- Bob Metcalfe ’69 wins $1 million Turing Awardby Rachel Gordon | MIT CSAIL on 22.3.2023 at 09:00
CSAIL research affiliate and MIT Corporation life member emeritus is honored with the “Nobel Prize of computing” for Ethernet invention.
MIT News – Data | Big data | Analytics | Statistics | IDSS | Operations research MIT news feed about: Data | Big data | Analytics | Statistics | IDSS | Operations research
- Festival of Learning 2023 underscores importance of well-designed learning environmentsby Katherine Ouellette | MIT Open Learning on 27.3.2023 at 19:30
Keynote speaker Bror Saxberg SM ’85, PhD ’89 encourages understanding learners and their contexts.
- Helping the cause of environmental resilienceby Poornima Apte | Nuclear science and engineering on 22.3.2023 at 20:00
Assistant professor of nuclear science and engineering Haruko Wainwright believes environmental monitoring can empower citizens to make informed decisions about their energy and environment.
- Learning to grow machine-learning modelsby Adam Zewe | MIT News Office on 22.3.2023 at 04:00
New LiGO technique accelerates training of large machine-learning models, reducing the monetary and environmental cost of developing AI applications.
- Minimizing electric vehicles’ impact on the gridby David L. Chandler | MIT News Office on 15.3.2023 at 04:00
Careful planning of charging station placement could lessen or eliminate the need for new power plants, a new study shows.
- New method accelerates data retrieval in huge databasesby Adam Zewe | MIT News Office on 13.3.2023 at 04:00
Researchers used machine learning to build faster and more efficient hash functions, which are a key component of databases.
- Microplastics are messing with the microbiomes of seabirdsby Jessica Hamzelou on 27.3.2023 at 15:00
Tiny pieces of plastic are everywhere. They’re in the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat. By one estimate, some people ingest around a credit card’s worth of plastic every week. Microplastics have been found in human blood, placentas, and feces. But we don’t fully understand what all these minuscule…
- The Download: AI’s gold rush, and how to regulate generative modelsby Rhiannon Williams on 27.3.2023 at 12:10
This is today’s edition of The Download, our weekday newsletter that provides a daily dose of what’s going on in the world of technology. ChatGPT is about to revolutionize the economy. We need to decide what that looks like. Whether it’s based on hallucinatory beliefs or not, a gold rush has started over the last several months…
- An early guide to policymaking on generative AIby Tate Ryan-Mosley on 27.3.2023 at 11:00
This article is from The Technocrat, MIT Technology Review’s weekly tech policy newsletter about power, politics, and Silicon Valley. To receive it in your inbox every Friday, sign up here. Earlier this week, I was chatting with a policy professor in Washington, DC, who told me that students and colleagues alike are asking about GPT-4…
- ChatGPT is about to revolutionize the economy. We need to decide what that looks like.by David Rotman on 25.3.2023 at 10:30
Whether it’s based on hallucinatory beliefs or not, an artificial-intelligence gold rush has started over the last several months to mine the anticipated business opportunities from generative AI models like ChatGPT. App developers, venture-backed startups, and some of the world’s largest corporations are all scrambling to make sense of the sensational text-generating bot released by…
- Fostering innovation through a culture of curiosityby MIT Technology Review Insights on 24.3.2023 at 16:05
When Lenovo set out to transition into a services-led company, they began by looking internally, says Art Hu, Lenovo’s senior vice president & global chief information officer. He also serves as the chief technology and delivery officer of Lenovo’s Solutions & Services Group. To offer products and services that provide valuable business outcomes rather than traditional…
Techmeme Tech Web, page A1
- Germany-based OQmented, which is developing laser beam scanning technology for AR/MR glasses, raised a $20M Series A from Sharp Devices Europe and others (Fiona Alston/Tech.eu)on 27.3.2023 at 22:20
Fiona Alston / Tech.eu: Germany-based OQmented, which is developing laser beam scanning technology for AR/MR glasses, raised a $20M Series A from Sharp Devices Europe and others — The German firm’s ultra-compact MEMS-based laser beam scanning projection display systems for AR glasses has come into focus as tech giant Sharp invests
- In the US, regulators are choking the crypto industry, but major policy decisions should be made by Congress and state legislatures, not by unelected officials (Katie Haun/Wall Street Journal)on 27.3.2023 at 21:55
Katie Haun / Wall Street Journal: In the US, regulators are choking the crypto industry, but major policy decisions should be made by Congress and state legislatures, not by unelected officials — The effort would stifle American innovation and competition—and that seems to be the objective. — WSJ Opinion: Congress Hammers TikTok
- Many of the top VPN services and mobile apps, some with 100M+ downloads, have misled users about their practices or disguised their origins, like ties to China (Joseph Menn/Washington Post)on 27.3.2023 at 21:30
Joseph Menn / Washington Post: Many of the top VPN services and mobile apps, some with 100M+ downloads, have misled users about their practices or disguised their origins, like ties to China — SAN FRANCISCO — As Congress weighs an unprecedented ban of the wildly popular Chinese-owned TikTok over supposed security concerns …
- A fifth defendant plans to plead guilty to the DOJ’s charges in 2020 regarding a conspiracy to bribe Amazon staff to give sellers unfair marketplace advantages (Annie Palmer/CNBC)on 27.3.2023 at 21:20
Annie Palmer / CNBC: A fifth defendant plans to plead guilty to the DOJ’s charges in 2020 regarding a conspiracy to bribe Amazon staff to give sellers unfair marketplace advantages — – A well-known consultant for Amazon sellers admitted to bribing staffers employed by the retail giant for information to help his clients.
- A look at the non-consensual deepfake porn economy, with video sites easily accessible via top Google search results and some accepting Visa and Mastercard (Kat Tenbarge/NBC News)on 27.3.2023 at 21:15
Kat Tenbarge / NBC News: A look at the non-consensual deepfake porn economy, with video sites easily accessible via top Google search results and some accepting Visa and Mastercard — The nonconsensual deepfake economy has remained largely out of sight, but it’s easily accessible and some creators can accept major credit cards.
SAP News Center Company & Customer Stories | Press Room
- In Life Sciences and Healthcare, SAP’s Industry Cloud Is Key to Innovationby Markus von Quast on 27.3.2023 at 12:15
SAP, our customers, and our partners share the overarching goals of improving individual lives and advancing medical science for better human health.
- SAP Signavio Is a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Process Mining Toolsby Gero Decker on 27.3.2023 at 11:15
We continue to see strong interest in and growth of our process mining tools, with positive feedback from both customers and partners.
- SAP Delivers New Approach to Composability, Helping Businesses Drive Profitability and Move Fast on Their Own Termsby Riad Hijal on 27.3.2023 at 08:00
SAP reaffirms its commitment to the digital commerce and customer experience categories and is taking a bold step into the future with a unique, industry-led approach to composability.
- Reskilling for the Green Transitionby Simone Maienfisch on 24.3.2023 at 13:15
An inclusive green transition could create millions of jobs in the next decade but requires significant investments in reskilling.
- Showing Up in the World Through Pro Bono Consultingby Atalanta Kyriazi on 24.3.2023 at 12:15
Leadership is how we show up in the world. Pro bono consulting is one way to show up and utilize your skills for good.
InsideSAP The Independent Resource for SAP Professionals
- SAP Partnership with GIZ: Developing the Hydrogen Economyby Leah Alibangbang on 27.3.2023 at 11:30
An SAP partnership with the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) to promote green hydrogen certification has been announced, as part of a public-private initiative. As a leading enterprise software company, SAP recognizes that sustainability and climate change are critical issues that require urgent action. Through its sustainability and climate Strategy, SAP aims to help The post SAP Partnership with GIZ: Developing the Hydrogen Economy appeared first on InsideSAP.
- Migrate SAP Systems to the Cloud with Zero Touch OPERATIONS in 12 weeksby The Team at InsideSAP on 26.3.2023 at 23:00
In April 2022, Evident Scientific Solutions in Europe made the decision to move their entire on-premises SAP estate to Azure, with one major condition- the entire Migrate SAP must happen before September 2022 and partnered with Basis Cloud Solutions to meet the challenging goal and timelines. The combination of the expertise of Full Stack Administrators The post Migrate SAP Systems to the Cloud with Zero Touch OPERATIONS in 12 weeks appeared first on InsideSAP.
- SAP Fioneer Launches Innovative Solutions for FSIsby Leah Alibangbang on 23.3.2023 at 08:46
Financial Services Institutions (FSIs) have long been at the forefront of technological disruption and the need to keep up with digital innovation, cloud technology, and process automation has never been more important. In this ever-evolving landscape, SAP Fioneer is leading the way with its revolutionary solutions designed to meet the needs of financial services companies. The post SAP Fioneer Launches Innovative Solutions for FSIs appeared first on InsideSAP.
- New SAP ERP Solution for Midmarket Unveiledby Andrea Hilao on 22.3.2023 at 10:48
The latest SAP ERP solution designed for midsize companies, GROW with SAP, includes products, best-practice support, adoption acceleration services, a global partner ecosystem, and learning opportunities to help customers use SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition with speed, predictability, and continuous innovation. A little over two years since the launch of RISE with SAP offering, which The post New SAP ERP Solution for Midmarket Unveiled appeared first on InsideSAP.
- Top SAP Partners in NZ Receive Excellence Awardsby Leah Alibangbang on 20.3.2023 at 20:06
The German tech giant’s Partner Excellence Awards 2023 provided a platform to recognize the exceptional work of the top SAP Partners in New Zealand. SAP NZ recently held its inaugural Partner Excellence Awards, a special occasion that celebrated the outstanding achievements of the nation’s best-performing SAP partners. The awards cover six different areas, including excellence The post Top SAP Partners in NZ Receive Excellence Awards appeared first on InsideSAP.
Wired The latest from www.wired.com
- 5 Best Password Managers (2022): Features, Pricing, and Tipsby Scott Gilbertson on 27.3.2023 at 15:00
Keep your logins locked down with our favorite apps for PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, and web browsers.
- Plastics Are Devastating the Guts of Seabirdsby Matt Simon on 27.3.2023 at 15:00
New research shows that seabirds’ ingestion of the pollutant scars their insides—a new disease called “plasticosis”—and may disturb their microbiomes.
- 7 Best Electric Toothbrushes (2023): Cheap, Smart, Kids, and Alternativesby Medea Giordano on 27.3.2023 at 14:00
These rechargeable and battery-powered models put better oral hygiene within easy reach.
- I Could Play ‘Disney Dreamlight Valley’ Until the End of Timeby Swapna Krishna on 27.3.2023 at 13:00
It’s hard to design the perfect, infinitely bingeable game. This is one of them.
- Sonos Era 100 Review: The New Smart Speaker Standardby Parker Hall on 27.3.2023 at 13:00
The $249 speaker streams in stereo, and it comes with some of the best room-tuning software I’ve ever heard.
The 360 Blog from Salesforce Learn how to get ahead of trends and supercharge professional relationships
- What Is a Salesforce Developer?by kbayer on 24.3.2023 at 15:26
Learn what it means to work as a developer in the Salesforce ecosystem. See how developers build apps and solutions with every Salesforce product and technology, and find your developer career path with Salesforce.
- 3 Ways Generative AI Will Help Marketers Connect With Customersby justinlafferty on 24.3.2023 at 13:00
Generative AI has the potential to change the way we work. Could it be the next step toward reshaping marketing, helping you focus more on customers?
- Celebrating These Trailblazing Women in STEMon 23.3.2023 at 18:06
Recognizing and honoring trailblazing women in STEM this Women’s History Month.
- Everything You Know About Trade Promotion Management Is Wrongby Mai on 22.3.2023 at 15:47
Approximately $500 billion is spent on trade promotion each year, but 80% of consumer goods executives are unhappy with the results. It’s time to rethink your process to achieve revenue growth.
- Who Are the Salesforce Characters? Get to Know Astro, Codey, and Friendsby firstname.lastname@example.org on 21.3.2023 at 17:17
Characters make technology fun and friendly, and inspire our users to blaze new trails with Salesforce.