Koottuja uutissyötteitä politiikasta, taloudesta ja tekniikasta.
Lähde: Helsingin Sanomien avoin datarajapinta.
- Really stupid “smart contract” bug let hackers steal $31 million in digital coin 1.12.2021Company says it has contacted the hacker in an attempt to recover the funds. Good luck.
- Thousands of AT&T customers in the US infected by new data-stealing malware 1.12.2021Malware exploits 2017 vulnerability in a widely used network edge device.
- Users revolt as Microsoft bolts a short-term financing app onto Edge 30.11.2021“This all feels extremely unnecessary for a browsing experience,” one user says.
- Google Play apps downloaded 300,000 times stole bank credentials 29.11.2021Crooks find new ways to prevent Google from detecting malicious packages.
- Lord of the Rings-themed cryptocurrency gets thrown into Mount Doom 23.11.2021Ruling from World Intellectual Property Organization puts end to JRR Token project.
- A grim milestone: I maxed out the number of spammy addresses Gmail can block 20.11.2021You may not have noticed, but Google limits the number of blocked addresses you can have.
- Locked out of “God mode,” runners are hacking their treadmills 20.11.2021NordicTrack customers were watching Netflix—until the company blocked their access.
- DuckDuckGo wants to stop apps tracking you on Android 20.11.2021The latest update promises to block invasive data collection across your whole phone.
- Malware downloaded from PyPI 41,000 times was surprisingly stealthy 19.11.2021Malware infiltrating open source repositories is getting more sophisticated.
- Ford and chipmaker announce noncommittal “partnership” to alleviate shortages 18.11.2021"Non-binding agreement" promises more supply but is light on particulars.