Koottuja uutissyötteitä politiikasta, taloudesta ja tekniikasta.
Lähde: Helsingin Sanomien avoin datarajapinta.
- Ajit Pai promised cheaper Internet—real prices rose 19 percent instead 7.5.2021Home-Internet prices rose four times faster than inflation in Trump era.
- US physics lab Fermilab exposes proprietary data for all to see 6.5.2021Exposed systems paved way for researchers to access code, messages, passwords, and more.
- Fix for critical Qualcomm chip flaw is making its way to Android devices 6.5.2021Higher-end devices made by Google, Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, and OnePlus are affected.
- Severe vulnerabilities in Dell firmware update driver found and fixed 5.5.2021Dell firmware update driver 2.3 can be exploited to gain kernel-level privilege.
- Twitter’s latest robo-nag will flag “harmful” language before you post 5.5.2021Follows Twitter's effort to make you read the news before you share it.
- Data leak makes Peloton’s Horrible, No-Good, Really Bad Day even worse 5.5.2021Faulty API let anyone grab users’ private data, including weight and gender.
- Starlink can serve 500,000 users easily, several million “more of a challenge” 5.5.2021The "only limitation is high density of users in urban areas," Musk said.
- Netflix IT exec forced employees to use products from vendors that bribed him 4.5.2021Jury finds ex-Netflix VP guilty of awarding tech contracts in exchange for bribes.
- New Spectre attack once again sends Intel and AMD scrambling for a fix 4.5.2021A new transient execution variant is the first exploit micro-ops caches.
- Frontier exits bankruptcy, claims it will double fiber-to-the-home footprint 4.5.2021Frontier plans 3 million new fiber lines—but 8M others would be stuck on copper.